For registration of used car, buyer (must be resident of Dubai) & seller must be present. In case, the seller is not present, a sale deed letter from an authorized showroom or dealer is required. If the vehicle is from another emirate, the vehicle registration should have been cancelled there. From August 2010, the re-registration can be done from other emirates as well.
Tip: You can also check online at the Dubai Police website for any outstanding fines, which the seller should pay, before you register the car in your name.
- Passport (original + copy) or Dubai driving license (original).
- Insurance Policy (you may be able to transfer the old policy; if not, get a new one)
- If the car is financed through a bank, take the proper documents, including 'No Objection Letter', if applicable.
- Old registration card (if the registration is expired, the car should be tested at the Traffic Department or at Tasjeel Eppco or Emarat Shamil or Wasel Car Testing)
- Original license plates.
- Go to Dubai Traffic Department or to Tasjeel Eppco orEmarat Shamil or Wasel Car Testing
- Fill in the form & pay the fees.
- Settle the payment of fines, if any, by the seller; the officer will check & confirm this.
- Wait for your name to be called out and in a few minutes, collect your new registration card , valid for one year.
- Get new plates affixed to vehicle.
- Send copies of registration card to your finance & insurance company.