From August 2010, you can renew your car registration or driving license from any other emirate, irrespective of the origin of documents or the vehicle.
- Motor vehicle insurance certificate.
- Old registration card.
- "Passed" car test certificate.
- Settle the payment of fines (if found); you can check and pay any fine at the Dubai Police website.
- Go to Dubai Traffic Department /other emirates traffic department or to (Tasjeel Eppco, Emarat Shamil orBelhasa's Wasel to have the car tested.
- Pay the fees.
- Wait for your registration card (valid for one year). In case your car is no longer financed by a bank, show the bank clearance certificate.
- Take a sticker with the new registration expiry date and place it over the old one (on the rear number plate).
- New vehicles are exempted from test for 2 consecutive years.