Insureme Dubai - Online Car Insurance Comparison

In the UAE it is required by law that every car on the road is insured. helps you find the right car insurance in Dubai, Abu Dhabi or any of the other Emirates matching your personal requirements. Choosing the right car insurance is about deciding how much cover you need, what you can afford and whether you desire any additional cover. 

Vehicle insurance doesn’t need to be expensive. By comparing with you have access to some of the top car insurance companies in the market. We are constantly updating and researching the market to bring you today’s most competitive prices. You can compare a variety of car insurance policies and add and compare several features all from the comfort of your own home! It’s easy and all it takes is a couple of minutes. Go ahead and give it a try

FAQ - Car Insurance UAE

What is car insurance and why do I need it?

Under the UAE law, it is required that every car on the road is insured. Car insurance provides you with security and financial protection against third party liability claims in case of an accident. With Comprehensive Insurance (see below for details) you will also be protected against loss or damage to your own vehicle.

What is Third Party Liability (TPL) insurance?

It is the most basic and cheapest form of insurance to comply with the UAE law. You will be insured against all sums you may be liable for, such as loss of life and bodily injury, to any third party and damages to a third party’s vehicle or property caused by the use of your vehicle. TPL does not cover the cost of damage to your own vehicle. TPL will be the only option available to you if your car is 8 years or older (in this case Comprehensive Insurance will not be a choice anymore). 

What is Comprehensive Insurance?

This insurance includes TPL and cover to the cost of repairs or replacement to your own vehicle and property whether you are at fault or not. You will also be covered against damages to your car due to accidental collision, overturning, fire, external explosion, self-ignition, burglary, theft, or malicious acts of third parties. Agency repair is included for cars up to the age of 0 to 2 years depending on the insurer. Comprehensive cover is available for vehicles up to the age of 8 years depending on the vehicle and the insurance company. You may be required to carry Comprehensive Insurance if your vehicle is financed by the bank. As the value of your car decreases over time, you should consider reducing your cover to Third Party Liability only; thus saving on your premium. Consider whether the savings are enough to offset the risk of paying the entire cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle in case of an accident. 

What additional cover may I choose from?

Besides the standard cover you can also choose from a number of additional options like:

o    Personal Accident Cover for the driver in the event of death or serious bodily injury up to specified limits.

o    Personal Accident Cover for the passengers in the event of death or serious bodily injury up to specified limits.

o    Roadside Assistance or recovery breakdown.

o    Rental or Alternative Vehicle Cover.

o    Geographical area extension Cover, for example; Oman.

o    Fire, Storm and Tempest cover.

What is agency repair?

Agency repair means that your car may only be repaired at the manufacturer’s authorized workshop. Most insurance companies include this as a standard benefit within the Comprehensive Insurance for up to 2 years from the first registration. You will need to provide a No Claim Discount certificate (NCD) from your previous insurer if your car is older than 1 year. Some insurance companies offer agency repair as an additional cover. 

What is No Claims Discount (NCD)?

NCD or sometimes called No Claim Discount is a certificate which shows the number of years you have been insured without making a claim. You will need to ask your previous insurance company to provide you with a NCD if you change to a new insurance company. 

What is Excess?

Excess, also called deductible, is only applicable for Comprehensive Insurance. It refers to the amount the insurer will deduct from any compensation to you in the event of a non-recoverable claim due to an accident. The minimum excess will be stipulated under the insurance policy and can differ from insurer to insurer. 

Which factors influence the insurance premium?

The calculation of premiums depend on a number of factors, such as the age of the driver, experience, model of the car, value of the car, No Claims Discount and third party or comprehensive cover. It also depends on your choice of additional cover.  

Why is UAE car insurance valid for 13 months?

The registration period of your car is 12 months. However, the Traffic Authorities in the UAE give you a 1 month grace period to complete the annual registration of your car. The 13 months policy covers you for that 1 month (grace period).  

When will the insurance start and when will I receive the policy?

You will be able to choose the starting date of your insurance when you make the online booking. (Keep in mind that you cannot register a car with the relevant Traffic Authorities without valid insurance). After approval of your online application the insurance company will issue the policy documents. A notification with policy number and copy of the policy will be sent to you by email. Under the new regulations the insurance company is required to notify the Road and Transport Authority (RTA) in Dubai about your personal, vehicle and new insurance details.  

Do I need to submit any documents?

Yes you do. Even though you already left your personal and vehicle details during the booking process, the insurance company will still want to receive proof of your identity, driving experience and vehicle details. If the car is registered in your name you need to submit:

o    Copy of your driving license

o    Passport, Visa and Emirates ID copies

o    Copy of the Vehicle Registration card or if it is a new car that has not been registered yet, a copy of the (pro-forma) invoice, or customs clearance documents declaring the vehicle details.

If the vehicle is registered as a company car you need to submit:

o    Trade License copy

o    Copy of the Vehicle Registration card or if it is a new car that has not been registered yet, a copy of the (pro-forma) invoice, or customs clearance documents declaring the vehicle details.


What to do in the event of an accident and how to make a claim?

In the unfortunate event of an accident you should do the following.

o    Make sure you and your passengers are OK. Move as far off the roadway as possible but stay at the scene of the accident. Warn oncoming traffic by activating your hazard warning lights and/or setting flares.

o    Call the police and report the accident. The police will make a police report including names, contact details and registration numbers of people involved.

btn getfreequotes
Was this information helpful?
Share this page with friends and associates through social media and email, or simply print it out for future reference.