Insureme Dubai - Online Home Insurance Comparison

Our place to live is often the most valuable commodity in our lives and the contents within are not just expensive, but of great personal value. Whether you are buying your dream home or renting a villa or an apartment, don’t let unexpected events like fire or burglaries threaten what is precious to you. Do not leave yourself open to serious financial loss. 

Contents Insurance  covers the things that aren’t part of the fabric of your home, such as furniture, curtains, carpets, electrical equipment, and personal belongings (watches, jewellery, etc). Insurance companies pay out in the event of a burglary, vandalism, fire, storm and flood. General advantages are the Personal Belongings Cover (whether you’re at home or abroad), the Key Replacement Cover (when keys have been lost or stolen, or accidental damage has occurred to the locks or keys), Loss of Rent and Alternative Accommodation Cover and Contents Temporarily Removed Cover. Coverage will often include Occupier’s and Tenant’s Liability and Fatal Injury Cover for self and spouse.

FAQ - Home Contents Insurance UAE

Why do I need Home Contents Insurance?

A home owner’s insurance generally only covers the building where you live, not your contents and your personal belongings. And if you are held legally responsible, Tenant’s Liability will cover you against loss or damage to the home and landlord’s fixtures and fittings. It will also cover you against accidental breakage of fixed glass, fixed baths, cables, underground pipes and so on. Occupier’s Personal Liability covers you against liability for damages and claimant’s costs and expenses in respect of accidental bodily injury to any person including your domestic helper(s) while in or on your property. And if your home is made uninhabitable following an accepted claim you will be paid the cost of alternative accommodation. Contents Insurance will help you get your life back on track after an unexpected and often emotional incidents in your home environment. 

Are my possessions covered in and away from home?

Your personal belongings, valuables and portable equipment are insured against loss or damage by accidental means while outside of your home and within the geographical limit of the UAE and while elsewhere in the world for up to 90 days.  

Why should I insure my domestic helper?

There is an additional option to cover the domestic helper employed by you. The insurer will pay a certain sum per occurrence in the event that a domestic helper sustains accidental bodily injury during the period of insurance. This includes cover for medical expenses, payment in case of death or permanent total disablement as well as cover for repatriation expenses. Nobody ever hopes a disaster happens but in case it does you will be covered if you select this additional option for your house help.  

What is Fatal Injury Benefit?

In the event of death to you or your spouse, as a direct result of injury caused in your home by fire, explosion, lightning or by intruders you will receive a certain sum as mentioned in the policy details.

What to do in the unfortunate case of an event leading to a claim?

Notify the police if any property is lost, stolen or maliciously damaged. A police report is required to support all claims. Within 24-hours from the discovery of the incident you need to contact the insurance company and obtain a claim form to get further instructions. Before it ever leads to a claim we advise you to photograph or video all your precious belongings and keep a record of their serial numbers and official receipts – these are needed by the insurance companies. If you ever have to make a claim your visual record of the missing or damaged items will make the process much easier.

btn getfreequotes
Was this information helpful?
Share this page with friends and associates through social media and email, or simply print it out for future reference.